Category: My Apps
ST Community handle: http://community.smartthings.com/users/yvesracine/activity
Company Link: http://www.ecomatiqhomes.com#!home/mainPage
If you like MyNext devices and related smartapps, please support the developer by clicking on the paypal link below:
NestChangeMode, the smartapp that sets your Nest thermostat(s) and devices to 'Away', 'Home' based on your ST location (hello) mode.
- Nest Home and Away mode can be set according to the ST hello mode. The smartapp will then set the right setpoints at the thermostat
- All ST hello modes (or routines) are supported, even your custom ones!
- Notifications can be sent to the ST user account (optional)
Instructions for MyNextTstat installation (readme): https://github.com/yracine/device-type-myNext/blob/master/README.md
1. Typical use case: I want to set my thermostat to 'Away' and 'Home' based on the ST hello modes (routines)
- You have to define two instances of the same smartapp: one for the 'home' ST Hello mode that will set your Nest thermostat to 'Home' when you're back from work for example, and another one for 'Away' for the 'Away' ST hello mode when you leave your home.
- You'd need to rename the smartapp on the last page for each of your supported modes
- You can also use the same smartapp for your custom ST hello modes (routines) & custom ecobee climates if any.
- Example to set the smartapp to change to Away mode:
- In the NestChangeMode Smartapp:
a) Select your thermostat, next;
b) Under Select Program, change “Change to this program?” to ‘Away’;
c) Under ‘When SmartThings hello home mode changes to’, pick ‘Away’;
d) [Optional] Add delay if you wish’
e) [Optional] Do the mode change manually only - not automatically (by pressing the arrow next to its name under Automations/Smartapps to execute the smartapp)"
f) Click ‘next’ and save the Smartapps.
- In the ‘Routines’ section of the ST classic mobile app (under Automation/Routines), open the ‘Goodbye’ routine settings:
a) Under ‘Change the mode to’ section, pick ‘Away’;
b) Set other things you want done in the other sections;
c) Under 'Automatically perform ‘goodbye’ when…" select ‘Everyone leaves’ if you have presence sensors already set up for people in the house. You can specify many ways to automate your switch to the Away location (with end & start times if needed).
- You can follow the same steps as above for the Home location mode (using the "I'm back" rountine).
If your questions are more related to MyNextTstat Device, see troubleshooting section under:
Issue #1: I don't know how to create a custom smartapp
See the explanations of a fellow community member here:
You can also use the github integration and update your repo:
You then need to save & publish each "edited" smartapp.
Issue #2: I created the smartapp in the IDE, but I don't know where to execute it
For the initial setup, under the ST app, click on the Marketspace? item in the bottom menu, and then, on the smartapps link and finally, MyApps (last item in the list).
If you still do not see your smartapp, please make sure that you have published it in the IDE!
For any subsequent execution, under the ST mobile app, click on automations>smartapps in the bottom menu. The list of installed smartapps will then appear.
Issue #3: The smartapp has run but the Nest mode is not changing
The NestChangeMode smartapp changes your Nest Mode (Away, Home) when some conditions specified in your smartapp are met.
You would need to define the right condition for your use case.
As an example, iF you have the following message in the IDE (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/logs):
changeMode>location.mode= Home, newMode=Away,foundMode=false, not changing program
The message above indicates that your current ST hello mode is not the right condition for the Nest Mode change, so there is no match for changing the Mode.