Category: My Apps
ST Community handle: http://community.smartthings.com/users/yvesracine/activity
Company Link: http://www.ecomatiqhomes.com#!home/mainPage
If you like My Ecobee Device and related smartapps, please support the developer by clicking on the paypal link below:
WindowOrDoorOpen, the smartapp that warns you if you leave a door or window open (with voice notifications as an option). It will turn off your thermostats (optional) after a delay and restore their mode when the contact is closed
- Any door or window contact can be monitored
- All ST connected thermostats are supported (wi-fi, zigbee, z-wave, etc.)
- Multiple thermsostats can be selected
- Delay between notifications can be set (optional parameter)
- Maximum number of notifications can be set (optional parameter)
- Voice notifications can be used (optional parameter)
- The smartapp can be temporarily deactivated (on hold) with a power (virtual or physical) switch (optional parameter)
Issue #1: I don't know how to create a custom smartapp
See the explanations of a fellow community member here:
And, here are some basic explanations with screenshots.
- a) Point your browser to you SmartThings IDE for your country (i.e. http://ide.smartthings.com or whatever your shard is) and Log In.
- b) Once you are logged in, find the My SmartApps link on the top of the page. Clicking My SmartApps will allow you to produce a new SmartApp.
- c) Find the button on this page labeled +New SmartApp and click it.
- d) Since you already have the code in your computer’s clipboard, find the tab along the top section called From Code. In the area provided, paste (typically CTRL+V) the code you copied from GitHub. Click Create in the bottom left corner of the page.
- e) This will bring up another page, with the code now formatted within the IDE. If the code was copied correctly, there are no other steps except to save and publish the code. In the upper right corner of the page, find and click Save. Now, click Publish (For Me), and you should receive a confirmation that the code has been published successfully.
Issue #2: I created the smartapp in the IDE, but I don't know where to execute it
For the initial setup, under the ST app, click on the Marketspace in the bottom menu, and then, on the smartapps link and finally, MyApps (last item in the list).
If you still do not see your smartapp, please make sure that you have published it in the IDE!
For any subsequent execution, under the ST mobile app, click on automations>smartapps in the bottom menu. The list of installed smartapps will then appear.