How to Quick Browse the Community-Created SmartApps Forum Section
Many community members enjoy writing smartapps and device type handlers (DTH) and then sharing them with others. There is a category in the official smart things community forum just for this purpose. Many members also post project reports of specific set ups they have found useful. However, with so many entries it can be hard to find the solutions that you're looking for.
Fortunately, you can quick browse the forum by using the tags.
Quick Browse Links for SmartApps
Below are a list of links to the most common SmartApp tags. These lists only show community-created custom code. There are many additional features available in the official "solutions" like SmartLighting and Smart Home Monitor as well as the officially-published smartapps listed in the Marketplace section of the official mobile app.
-SmartApps for Alerts and Notifications 
-Smart apps for Appliances 
-Smart apps for Audio/Visual Equipment 
-Smart apps for Cameras 
-Smart apps for the Garage 
-Smart apps for pets and livestock, including aquariums 
-Smart apps for HVAC, including fans 
-Smart apps for Irrigation 
-SmartApps for Lighting 
-Smart apps for Locks 
-Smart apps for Logging (See also "wellness check".) 
-SmartApps for Power Meters 
-Smart apps for Presence 
-Smart apps for Remotes and Buttons 
-SmartApps for Security 
-Smart apps for Sensors 
-SmartApps for Voice and TTS 
-Smart apps for Weather 
-Smart apps for Wellness Check 
_SmartApps for Window Coverings and motorized windows 
-And Miscellaneous 
Quick Browse Links for Device Type Handlers
remember this will only return a list of community created custom code device handlers. There are many more devices that can work with the official DTHs.
-DTHs for Devices used with Alerts 
-DTHs for Appliances 
-DTHs for Audio/Visual Devices 
-DTHs for Cameras 
-DTHs for Doorbells 
-DTHs for Garage Devices 
-DTHs for HVAC devices, including thermostats and fans 
-DTHs for In wall micro, relay, and dimmer devices 
-DTHs for Irrigation 
-DTHs for Lighting 
-DTHs for Locks 
-DTHs for outlets 
-DTHs for plumbing devices 
-DTHs for pocket sockets (plug-in modules.) 
-DTHs for Power Meter Devices 
-DTHs for Presence Devices 
-DTHs for Remotes and Buttons 
-DTHs for Security devices 
-DTHs for Sirens 
-DTHs for Smart Bulbs 
-DTHs for Solar Devices 
-DTHs for specialty swimming pool equipment (See also HVAC and the lists in the Project Reports section) 
-DTHs for Virtual Devices 
-DTHs for Voice and TTS devices 
-DTHs for Wall Switches ]
-DTHs for Weather devices 
-DTHs for Window Coverings 
-DTHs for Miscellaneous Devices, including Raspberry Pi applications 
-DTHs for Sensors 
-DTHs for Humidity Sensors 
-DTHs for Lux Sensors 
-DTHs for Motion Sensors 
-DTHs for Vibration Sensors 
-DTHs for Flood/Leak/Water Sensors 
Quick Browse Links for Project Reports/Questions
From time to time individual community members post project reports to the forums under the PROJECTS category. These may be an explanation of how they solved a particular kind of problem, photos and wiring diagrams for specific projects, or just questions about how other Community members would approach a specific issue. These can provide guidance or inspiration.
- The GetStarted tag is used for topics where community members new to SmartThings ask questions about what SmartThings can do. Also includes topics like "The 10 best things to do with SmartThings." Get Started List
- Project Reports for Accessibility issues including wheelchair users 
- Project Reports for A/V and Home Entertainment 
- Project Reports for Alerts and Notifications, including Weather 
- Project Reports for Animals, including Pet, Aquarium, and Livestock projects 
- Project Reports for Bathrooms 
- Project Reports for Cameras 
- Project Reports for Dashboards (or Control Panels) 
- Project Reports for Doorbells 
- Project Reports for Fireplaces 
- Project Reports for Garages 
- Project Reports for Gates 
- Projects Reports for holidays 
- Project Reports for HVAC including fans and plumbing 
- Projects to Impress Your Friends, from magic wands to secret rooms 
- Project Reports for Irrigation and Gardens 
- Project Reports for Lighting 
- Project Reports for Locks 
- Project Reports for Logging 
- Project Reports for Mailbox Notifications 
- Project Reports for Miscellaneous 
- Project Reports for Pet and Livestock projects, including aquariums  Also see the list for animal projects.
- Project Reports for Pool and Pond applications 
- Project Reports for Power-related projects including monitoring energy use and shifting battery-powered Devices to mains power or vice versa 
- Project Reports for Presence including Microlocation 
- Project Reports for Remotes, Buttons, battery-operated switches, and smart watches 
- Project Reports for Second homes or other remote management issues. Also projects for landlords. 
- Project Reports for Security, including smoke detectors and integration with other security systems 
- Project Reports for Selling a Smart Home. Includes discussions on what to remove, how to show features, what interest buyers, how to transfer accounts. 
- Project Reports for Sensors 
- Project Reports for Shades and other window coverings, and motorized Windows 
- Project Reports for Voice Control, including Amazon Alexa 
- Project Reports for Whole House projects including planning and budgeting 
Projects by Room (see also lighting and sensors projects)
- Bathroom Projects 
- Bedroom Projects, including motion sensor lighting issues 
- Garage Projects 
- Hallway and Staircase Projects 
- Kitchen Projects 
- Nursery and Baby Projects 
- Swimming Pool and Pond applications 
- Yard Projects including outdoor lighting (see also the Holidays list and the Irrigation/Garden lists above) 
Quick Browse Links for Third Party Community Developer App Stores
These are a list of third party app stores run by community developers/teams who have created apps/code for SmartThings. Listed alphabetically.
- ActionTiles Runs in any web browser. "Web-based dashboard secure control Panels. “The homepage for your home!”™"
- RBoy Apps Custom Apps to Make your Home your Butler!TM
- HAM Bridge Mac software. "HAM Bridge is a tiny server that lets you easily run AppleScript, Automator workflows, shell and python scripts on your Mac by sending it a simple HTTP GET request from just about any device. iRule, Tasker, SmartThings, Vera, even a web browser."
- www.maisonsecomatiq.com Custom code for the SmartThings platform. "Energy-efficient solutions for your comfort and safety in your home: control of heating, air conditioning, lighting, door locks, etc."
- Obycode Mac and iOS apps that integrate with SmartThings.
- SharpTools Android app. "SharpTools provides Widgets and Tasker integration for the SmartThings platform on Android."
- SmartRules iOS app. "SmartRules lets you easily create rules for SmartThings, so you can finally make your smart home smart!"
There is also an FAQ section in the forum with topics like the best switches to use with smart bulbs, good outdoor motion sensors, international issues, getting signal to an outbuilding, etc.